The most cutting-edge fixed X-ray system yet from GE Healthcare is the Definium 656 HD. This newest generation of the overhead tube suspension (OTS) system, which leads GE Healthcare’s portfolio of fixed X-ray products, provides consistent, highly automated, efficient exams that instil clinical confidence while streamlining workflow, improving consistency, and lowering errors to support the smooth operation of radiology departments.
In 60 percent of all imaging studies, X-ray imaging serves as the starting point for diagnostic imaging. Because of this, X-ray technologists, radiologists, and radiology administrators must manage an ever-growing caseload while dealing with the difficulties of heavy lifting, repetitive motions, and long hours that result in a high rate of work-related musculoskeletal disorders and “repeat and reject” rates as high as 25% brought on by inconsistencies in patient positioning and exam setup.
The Definium 656 HD, which includes the Intelligent Workflow Suite, is a flexible digital radiography system powered by the most recent Helix 2.2 advanced image processing software and GE’s FlashPad HD high resolution detectors. With the fastest movement and highest weight capacity in GE Healthcare’s fixed X-ray portfolio, the system combines the highest levels of motorization, automation, assistive intelligence, and advanced applications. It also has the highest levels of motorization, automation, and assistive intelligence. The system functions as a “personal assistant” to assist technologists in delivering consistent, effective, and highly automated imaging exams that instil clinical confidence throughout the radiology department while also enhancing patient experience by maintaining workflow control.
The next-generation Definium 656 HD helps reduce patient positioning time, physical workload, errors, and image retakes by utilising simple features that quicken the imaging process without sacrificing image quality. These features include:
- 5-axis motorization and auto-positioning provides for fast automatic positioning to any location in the room to speed up workflow and reduce strain on the technologist.
- Automated In-Room Workflows enabled by a 12” touchscreen on the tube head console, and AutoRad† software, support manual or automatic workflow control in the room to reduce the number of steps and clicks for technologists.
- Intelligent Workflow Suite† leverages 3D camera technology to produce more consistent images while avoiding repeated X-rays before they occur.
The Definium 656 HD also comes with high-quality detectors, advanced applications, and AI-driven image processing to reduce variability and provide optimal image quality, which can help address “repeat and reject” rates that can negatively impact day-to-day clinical operations as well as give radiologists the views they need to make clinical decisions with confidence. These features include:
- Cutting-edge 100 um FlashPad HD detectors and the latest Helix 2.2 advanced image processing with on-device artificial intelligence (AI) provides outstanding clarity and exceptional anatomical detail across image types with anatomy-specific image enhancement regardless of variations in dose, patient positioning, field of view and metal.
- Auto Image Paste† at the table and wall stand enhanced with AutoSpine supports the fast, precise stitching of long images; and
- VolumeRAD† ™ Digital Tomosynthesis provides multi-level image slices for additional diagnostic information.